The land on which the Castello dei Rampolla farm stands has been owned by the family since 1739. Much history has passed over these lands, but that of our family starts in the mid-1960’s with the dream of one man, Alceo di Napoli Rampolla, who wished to create a great wine. In 1975 our first bottles of Chianti Classico were produced. This was a time when Chianti Classico was struggling to assert itself and to earn the respect it deserved. Alceo then had an intuition and decided, with the help of a great winemaker Giacomo Tachis , to be the first in the area to plant Cabernet Sauvignon and to blend it with Sangiovese. This was the first of the Castello dei Rampolla revolutions, only a few years after the farms birth.